Steel Furniture -The Newest Trend in Salons and Schools
Why You Should Use Stainless Steel Furniture in Your Cosmetology School?
Stainless Steel Furniture, cold rolled steel and other steel products have become a valuable asset to any salon or school needing low maintence stainless steel salon stations, chairs and classroom furniture. Over the 50 years Veeco has been working with beauty schools, our design team always hears the same complaints, criticisms, and problems: the wood and laminate cabinetry just can’t hold up to your average cosmetology student. Styling stations would suffer signs of wear and tear, showing chips, dings and de-lamination. Stations that work perfectly in a typical salon just don’t respond the same in the school environment. They are constantly in use and the students view them as their temporary home, and they give little to know thought to maintaining the stations for the classes that follow them.
In the late 1990’s, Veeco owner, Len Cohen, was called on by a major soft-goods beauty company to see if it would be practical from a cost standpoint to create using stainless steel cosmetology furniture.
The advantages of using stainless steel were became obvious:
- Stainless Steel is resistant to chips and gouges.
- Stainless Steel edging protects your furniture from the clamps used to hold mannequin heads. These clamp sites were generally the first areas on older laminated wood stations where cracks and damage were seen.
- Stainless Steel is an easy to clean, non-porous surface.
- Steel ages well and tends to look almost the same even after 10-15 years of use.
- Cold-Rolled Steel allows you to incorporate color while still remaining durable.
- You can incorporate a combination of steel, using Stainless Steel on the horizontal work surfaces and Cold-Rolled Steel on the vertical surfaces, powder-coated to bring color on to your clinic floor.
- Steel is a far more student-proof material than laminated wood cabinetry, increasing the lifespan of your investment and requiring less frequent maintenance and replacement.
Today we continure to create more and more salon and school stainless steel furniture and to expand our understanding of the properties of steel, explore the availability of new steel materials, and to find new finishes for the beauty industry furniture. From all we have learned, here are some of the biggest advantages to using stainless steel or other steel surfaces in your facility:
Veeco uses a special 80-grit finish on horizontal work surfaces, which can easily be buffed to remove scratches or minor cosmetic dings.
Powder coating is a type of coating that is applied as a free-flowing, dry powder. The main difference between a conventional liquid paint and a powder coating is that the powder coating does not require a solvent to keep the binder and filler parts in a liquid suspension form. Color selections for powder coating vary from manufacturer to manufacturer. Please call for current colors and pricing.
Rustic- Rust Weathered Steel Finish
Rusted Steel Process
The process begins buy using product is produced using 16 gauge cold rolled steel treated to induce the steel effect. The final treatment includes the application of a clear polyurethane powder coating through coveryrized system and baked to cure
Steel and Wood
Combining laminates with the durabilty of stainless steel creates an affordable piece of salon cabinetry. Veeco Designers use stainless on the horizontal surfaces like the top of this dispensary sink creating a functional laminate cabinet with the pizzaz and durability of stainless steel.
Today over 50 percent of cosmetology schools use stainless steel furniture in their facilities. Veeco is proud to have been the driving force in putting steel furniture into the clinic floors, classrooms and receptions areas of many of the top Aveada, Empire, and Loreal beauty schools. Visit our testimonial page to see many of these schools and to hear what their owners say about Veeco Salon Furniture + design.
I liked your post. I agree with your article. You have provided all the information that I am looking for,